Find
Notify
Tools

Re: looking for 2 knife buck set.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Greg,
I spotted just such a set while browsing on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42576&item=2293250024&rd=1
I think it's the same as you describe. There is also an unused sheath for the same set (I think):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43326&item=2292627991&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
The finer knife has a nick in the tip, so that should keep it's value down, and make it easier to justify using! Good luck.
Cheers,
Tom

Posts: 35 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awhile back i passed up a set of buck knifes that came in a black leather case all in one. I dont remember the size of the knives but they where not very big. Can anyone help me find a knife set like that. They had the black plastic handles.

Posts: 308 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the set you're talking about had sort of a boning knife with a blood groove and really round bladed, ulu-looking knife(that didn't appear to be usefull for much).

If that's the case, I haven't seen one of those sets since the early 1980's.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not seen a set like that since my wife bought it for me back in 1985 for Christmas.

One blade is a 3-1/2" skinner and it's partner is a slender 4" drop point.

I still use it when I don't take one of my personal homemade knives with me.

Posts: 135 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: 18 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is the set i am looking for. Seems to be the perfect combo of knives.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've not seen the Buck made set. I do make a set for deer hunting that may be quite similar. Larger blade is a 3 1/2" drop point. The skinny (coring) blade is 4". (It makes a fine kitchen knife in the off season.) I supply a single Kydex sheath for both knives.

Handles are micarta. Blades are ATS-34. Heat treated with cryo to Rockwell 59-60. Matt finish. (Picture quality is not the best ... sorry.)

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mstarling, Similar but different. The Buck set has a small knife i would call a bird knife while the bigger has, i believe the 4" drop point. Both knives have the black plastic handle with the silver, chrome ends. Both fit in a black leather sheath with a flap to cover the handles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi, greg , i have a buck that fits your exact description, [not willing to sell] but its called a buck 121