New
Find
Notify
Tools

Randalls anyone?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
J Bruce Voyles is having an upcoming auction with well over 30 Randalls in it, plus many other interesting custom and non-custom knives. You probably won't get any screaming bargains but you might get one for 5 or 10% below current cost and then you will have it now, not much later (current Randall order delivery is over 5 years wait list). In addition, you will be getting a REAL Randall. There are many, many, fakes being sold on ebay. Be aware that there is a 13% buyers premium for credit cards, 10% for cash, checks, etc. Like any auction, there are always some bargains and always some things that sell for more than many think they are worth. Read the descriptions carefully, especially if you want an absolute pristine knife, many of these have storage rust flecks, sharpened, sheath used, etc. Not counting the "collector" pieces, those defects from new condition might allow you to save money on a fine using knife. And finally, remember, it's just a knife, there are plenty of them out there, don't get your ego involved....pick you maximum and stick to it, but, as I said, and speaking from multiple experiences in his auctions, you're not going to buy a $500 Randall for $200.

Voyles Auction

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
tony

Posts: 6405 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I already have mine ordered direct from Randall. Took me 5 years wait to get it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norman, which model did you get?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I wish I'd never posted this, I wound up getting interested and bought 4 Randalls and a few others. I am especially proud of 137, the Kopp knife. He does exceptional work and I collect, among many other idiocies, toothpick/dagger type knives. Kopp knife

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW I've posted this before, but it is relatively easy to get NEW Randalls NOW or, at most in a few months, for current catalog list.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I wish I'd never posted this

No, thank you for posting it. I bid on a few and ended up with one.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA DEER HUNTER:
quote:
Well, I wish I'd never posted this

No, thank you for posting it. I bid on a few and ended up with one.

Hey, that's great. Was it a Randall?

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Yes, a Randall.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trouthunter
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of Randall knives but I sure wanted that Wayne Vlachovic folder. Oh well.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say it was a steal, but it went for a very reasonable price IMO.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now thats one neat picture , way cool Wink

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1295 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't encourage him...... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Gato,if we ever do manage to get together for some Q,I'll bring my Randall + show it to you in person. R.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yours, due to its provenance, has more personal value to you than most. I'd be glad to see it, but getting together is not very likely at this point.

xxxxxxxxxx