Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Case knives??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted
I've been carrying a Case hobo knife for about three years now. I like it. I can stick it in the dishwasher, touch up the blade with a diamond hone and I use for everything from open mail to eating my lunch. The real beauty, though, is the Sailor's knive my dad bought years ago and left to me. It's no longer in production but if anyone ever wanted a beaut drop-point hunter with a wood handle complete with lanyard it was "da kine". It's kinder like my all-weather .375. This one stops with me!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC, I know you know that the difference in the metal is the deal. Case knives are typically softer, they take an edge easily, but loose it simalarly. They were merged with one of the big conglomerates 6-8 years back and offer a lot of different steels that they didn't before. The sodbuster is one of my favorites, and like most Case knives they are really reasonably priced, but there are a lot better quality knives with much better blade steels available for not much more money. Check out Kershaw, Benchmade, Microtech, Boker, Protech, Lone Wolf as well as Columbia River Knife and Tool (CRKT) great value in knives. Take care--D.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oldsarge,

Thanks, I went ahead and picked up a "Sod Buster" last night anyway. First impressions, heck of nice knock about knife for $20! Seems nicer than my old Gerber which would not take an edge and would lose whatever it did get when you looked at it for longer than 20 seconds.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote