Notify
Tools

Muela Knives
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
Hello All,

I am going to Spain this coming April for a wedding. I am a big fan of Spanish hunting knives. Especially Muela knives. I was wondering if any of you blade affictionados in your world travels have been to Spain and know of any must have knife oppurtunities over in Ibiza. Any ifo greatly appreciated.

THANKS

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep a mental or physical list of US prices for whatever models you are interested in. It has been my observation that, most of the time, the knives are MORE expensive in Spain than over here.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I have also found that many European produced items are actually less expensive when purchased in the USA. Value Added Taxes (VAT) are high in most European countries and since most dealers don't sell in the same volumes as in the US the margins are also higher. I doubt if anything is cheaper in Ibiza when compared to the rest of Spain. It's kinda of like going to Hawaii and hoping to find deals on a product made in Kansas.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote