New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 243 Winchester Ackley Improved loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm sure your rifle is looking fine.I'd like to get something nice also.But when your out in the field One day of serious hunting can ruin a choice Triple AAA walnut stock.How much do them things cost? However I hate the look of most synthetics and all Savages. Must find some half way ground.I like those laminates. Best of luck in the up &coming predetor season.

Posts: 28 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area California United states | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sendaro,
Instead of fireforming as a seperate operation, why not drop a powder charge known to be safe in the parent cartridge and go hunting or shooting. I have several of Parker Ackley's finest and that's how I do it. I've killed Antelope and Deer while fireforming. At first I amazed how accurate they are. The 85gr Sierra is an excellent bullet, and will sometimes give a groundhog some air time, works well on deer too. Might be a little tough on fur.
I'm having one built in the same chambering, no data yet.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote