New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 x 68
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
RWS cases CCI 250 primers 70 grs of V160 with a 200 Speer. The 200 Nosler can also be used but doesn't group quite as tight as the Speer in my rifle. Smooth feeding & powerfull,this round deserves to be more popular.

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Finally, I always thaught that only I do appreciate the 8x68S. Don�t have one yet, but be looking around for loading data. I would use the 200 grs Nosler and perhaps use Hirtenberg factory ammo as a guideline, same seating deapth, chrono velocity and so on.

If You have had very bad experiences it might be interesting to share them with us.

Also on shooters.com I started a thread on the rifle/reloading forum where a guy named raul has some loads, too.

I think the 8x68S beats the whole .300 class and is equal to the .338, but has no useless belt, fits perfectly in any 98, as it was designed for it and uses less powder.

Good shooting! H

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i don't suppose norma happens to supply 8x68S

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Regrettably, no. But I�ve sent them an email already, and they have all the components, and it�s a very competitive market so maybe they listen to somebody. H

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote