New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H 260gr Noslers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I shot 2 very good groups out of my Mod. 70, 375 H&H with Nosler Partition & AccuBond 260 gr bullets. Both groups were 3/4" @ 100yrds using RP brass, CCI 250 primers, & 71 grs. of R15 to push the Partition to 2682 ft/sec and 70 grs. of RL15 to push the Accubonds at 2707 ft/sec., the COL were 3.57" & 3.600" respectively. I crimped with a Lee factory crimp die. For some reason the PT's grouped 1" left while the AB's grouped 1" right. These will be some of my favorite loads.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Dr. strangelove
posted Hide Post
The 375 H&H is a great performer... one of my favorites...

i use 68 grains N201 ignited by a cci 250 mag primer... like you, i see that when shifting to a 260 grain ballistic tip, the group moves to the side...

i think the boattail (or lack of it) changes the point of impact...

An apple a day
keeps the doctor away...

If you can strike me!

Posts: 21 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I just picked up some 260gr Accubonds. I can't wait to give them a try Smiler

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's almost indentical to what I used in Namibia in the 260 accubond. It was a great plains game load and would be a winner of an elk load stateside. bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobc:
That's almost indentical to what I used in Namibia in the 260 accubond. It was a great plains game load and would be a winner of an elk load stateside. bob

Hi, bobc...

How would you say the 260 Ballistic tip, 260 Accubond and 260 Partition compare to each other?

I have only tried the partition on a moose and the partition seem to do best at mediun velocity... aprox. 725 m/s... but i have no problem speeding it up to 875 m/s...

An apple a day
keeps the doctor away...

If you can strike me!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't used the ballistic tip or partition. The accubond worked so well I don't see a need to try anything else, until I was shooting a buffalo and then went up to a 300 gr. Most bullets exited, the 3 I recovered were nice mushrooms. One was a close range shot through both massive shoulders of a mountain zebra, retained about 55%. Other 2 retained about 75%, one penetrated over 4 feet in a gemsbok running straight away to anchor after my son wounded it. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree...

nice performance...

cheers

An apple a day
keeps the doctor away...

If you can strike me!