Notify
Tools

Re: Rem 700 Titanium .308 Win
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of floridabigfish
posted
KuduKing,

Congradulations! I have the same rifle in 7mm-08 and have been very pleased with the quality of the gun and the accuracy from it.

I mounted a Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10x44 with Leupold DualDovetail rings/mounts. Had no problems with it but saw that Tally makes a set of one-piece alluminum mounts and ordered a set in medium height. This is the combination that I'm using now. I could get by with the low mounts I think and I may order a set just to try.

Factory Win Supreme 140 BT's grouped around .75" but at only 2675 fps. It really likes the 140 Nosler Partitions w/ 47.0 of H414 (2850 fps grouping less than 1"). Currently shooting 140 Barnes TSX w/ 47.7 H414 at 2880 fps with my best group at .39"

My only modification to the gun is the Limbsaver recoil pad I had installed. Didn't really need it for myself but my niece wants to use it some this coming deer season so I did it for her.

I hunt mostly out of a climbing tree stand so the light weight really works for me (both in climbing the tree and carrying the stand and gun back and forth). ENJOY!

Posts: 318 | Location: Pinhook River, Florida | Registered: 27 March 2004Reply With Quote