Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage model 12 low profile
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, im new to the site and was just curious what your favorite loads are for this rifle in a 22-250! I am pumped. I am getting it within the next two weeks! what shoould i start with. For some reason i think i want to shoot varget with 55gr vmaxs. good choice? thanks guys!!

Gundog

Duck or Bleed

Posts: 1 | Location: NE IOWA | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I am not familular with that rifle but here is aload I shot for years with my .22-250.
and allways got good results on every thing
I shot with it.

55 grain winchester soft point
41.0 grains of Hodgdon H414
CCI #250primer

Mostly win chester cases were used and I got 12-15 loads with each before they had to be discarded.

I had a Smith@Wesson #1500 bull barrel that ALWAYS shot this load under 3/4" at 100 yards.

Good luck you picked a good caliber thumb

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great gun for the money!!

I have used 35.5 gr. of varget with 50 gr. v-max bullets seated to a col of 2.450" and they work great. I also am using 40.5 gr. of H-380 with the same bullet but I use a cci 250 primer with it. It is a toss up as to accuracy with each. Both loads shoot .5" or better 5 shot groups at 100 meters. It is a kick butt PD load.

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Yes I also use a #250 primer not the #550.
nut

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote