New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sub for Bulls-Eye powder
 Login/Join

<Sendaro>
posted
For the past 35 years I have used Bulls-Eye powder in 45ACP, 38 special, and 357 Mag target loads. It's dirty and not near bulky enough for the casings that I use it in. Can some one suggest a powder with a simular burning rate and that meters well, and shoots clean, or at least cleaner. I have tried WW231, and don't see any advantage.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Clays. It is pretty fast, clean, and meters well. International and Universal should do good as well but aren't as fast. I currently load 4.0 grains of Clays behind a 200gr. SWC in my .45. Low recoil. Good groups. I am currently experimenting with International in the .45 and am having good luck. If the weather holds out I am going to try 4.5 grains in the .45 with a 200gr SWC this week.

Posts: 41 | Location: Kingsport, TN | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sendaro...

I'm with Beau, Go with the Clays or Universal Clays! Great powders and burn really clean, too! They exhibit super metering as well.

[ 06-14-2003, 09:51: Message edited by: CapeBuff ]

Posts: 45 | Location: Ft. Myers | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Sendaro>
posted
Thanks guys. I have just bought some Tightgroup and will give it a try then the Clays.