New
Find
Notify
Tools

IMR-7828 sc
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody loaded this powder for the .300 Win.mag., 180 gr. bullet ? How temperature sensitive is it ? Velocities / barrel length / accuracy ?
Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used this powder in .300 win mag and it was very stable with 180 grain swift A frames, tipped elk over instantly. accurate as hell to 350 yards.

Posts: 2 | Location: seattle, wa | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, that load has worked very well in my .300 mag. You might also try 4831 SC as well. Mine likes the 180gr. sierra game kings too.

"We Don't Rent Pigs !"

Posts: 1191 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 29 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7828 is one of those powders that when it hits, it is out of the park. It is not as flexible as H 4831, but if the case is big enough to use it, try it. With a 180 in a .300 Winchester magnum, you could do much worse.

One of the characteristics of IMR 7828 that is over looked is that it is one of the coolest burning powders made. In a .300 Weatherby or any large cased cartridge, 3 shots will not heat your barrel to a point that you cannot hold onto it. That cannot be said of the Reloder series or even Hodgdon's Extreme series of powders.

Posts: 152 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good info ! Thanks to all.
Jim

Posts: 144 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 November 2005Reply With Quote