Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My new 7.65 Argentine Load
 Login/Join

<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

eldeguello, I doubt if the rifle is really that accurate, and I know I'm not. I figure the wind kicked up at just the right times to counteract my crappy trigger pull and they all accidently fell into one big group. Never the less I'm going to keep working with this load and see how I do this winter.

I don't kinow how accurate the m1891's are in general, but I do know my 1909, with no change except the addition of a scope, shoots pretty well. If you're interested, I'll post a pic of the group it shot with the Sierra and Nosler 200-grain bullets (.308's!!) and IMR 4350.(one group, same powder charge, 2 different bullet makes!)

<eldeguello>
posted
That .311" Speer 180 roundnose is a very accurate bullet. I have been using it in the 7.62X39mm with 28.5 grains of H335 for some years now. In my 18.5" barreled CZ 527 carbine, it produces 2100 FPS and about 1 MOA. Not as accurate as yours, but good enough to shoot deer!

one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
eldeguello, I doubt if the rifle is really that accurate, and I know I'm not. I figure the wind kicked up at just the right times to counteract my crappy trigger pull and they all accidently fell into one big group. Never the less I'm going to keep working with this load and see how I do this winter.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote