THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FAVORITE LOADS FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite downloads for Kids?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am also posting something like this on Medium bore rifles;

Deer season is coming up now. Each year at the range I see some dads, out with their 12 yr old son, trying to teach him to shoot the rifle that GrandPa just passed down to him.

Most times the kid is getting the crap pounded out of him on recoil. Most times he has never shot anything bigger than a 22. His dad is getting pissed off at his son, and often yelling at him. ( that helps build confidence, doesn't it?)

Frequently I will offer to some of these dads, to handload some ammo for their son if they will purchase the componets. I will tell them, that I can reduce recoil 40 to 50 % will still giving them a 200 yd load capable of taking a deer with proper shot placement.

If anyone out there also has handloads that they download and we can pass on for use by kids, please share it.

Cover your fanny in our sue happy world, but I really encourage some of the other handloaders out there, to help make a kids first hunting experiences better with ammo that won't kill him and make him afraid of his rifle.

Passing our sport on is important in our world full of politically correct 'anti hunting' Nazis.

If you have any loads to share it will be passed on. Thanks to all.
[Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Cool]

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote