Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.40 S&W load
 Login/Join

posted
Bought a new CZ 75 in a .40 S&W. Loaded a few Blue Dot loads (had powder on the shelf)...they stunk.
Bought a jug of Titegroup. Nice stuff. My load consisted of the following....150gr Nosler JHP...WSP....Win brass...5.5grs of Titegroup....OAL of 1.130. This load is very accurate in my CZ. I will be loading some heavier bullets such as 180's. I LOVE MY NEW CZ 75....

Posts: 23 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: 06 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son shoots an STI 40s&w in IPSC matches and I load 4.4 grains of V/V N320 behind a 180/185 PRECISION BULLET black bullet that shoots great in his gun.
If I couldn't get the N320 I would use the titegroup powder to load his ammo.

Larry

Posts: 75 | Location: Ashdown, Ar | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Larry, I don't have access to that particular bullet but I do use Vihta powders. What velocity is he getting with that load? Is he loading to standard max overall length or longer?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
<cobra44>
posted
I would refer you to the Hodgdon reloading Book and check out the HS-6 Loads, I had pretty good luck with them.

180 GR HDY HP/XTP
HS-6 6.9grains 976 FPS 32,000

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have sold my CZ 40, but it really liked six grains of AA #5 behind the Lyman 401043, which was originally designed for the .38-40.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote