New
Find
Notify
Tools

.338 Wm two loads.
 Login/Join

<Big Foot 15-4E>
posted
I have two loads for .338wm I feel are worth posting.

74 grains R-22 with a Hornaday 225 grain Innerlok, Fed Mag LG #215 primer. 3.700 oal. Three shots consistantly group at or below .5", five shots consistantly group an honest .75" at 100yrds.
73 grains R-19 with same components as above, same OAL of 3.700. Produces same accuricy as above.
Both loads shot out of 100% factory Remmington 700 BDL, SST/SYN W/DBM. All I did to it was a trigger job. Best or worst $20 I ever spent, now that I know how easy it is to adjust a Remmington trigger.
These two loads have produced meny, MENY, three shot groups below .5" at 100yrds, and several btwn. .360" and .4"
These rounds are reloaded using an RCBS press, Lee colet, neck only sizing dies, Redding bullet seating die, RCBS bench mounted priming tool, full length resize using redding comp shell holdrers, and no other special tools. I dont know if this makes a difference but I do size ea piece of brass, and rotate 180* size again, and seat ea bullet approx 1/2 way, rotate 180* and seat fully, to try to keep runout at or below.002.