posted
i have CZ 22 hornet
want to load 35g v-max with lil-gun powder
i am open to suggestions??

eat british lamb thousands of fox,s can,t be wrong

Posts: 69 | Location: great britain | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
13 grains works best for me in the same rifle with the same bullet. Use a Rem 1 1/2 primer and make the COL as long as the magazine allows. Best group to date is .132 (shot by my wife).
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cheers,PJ
what is the max load i can go up to

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve:
Hodgdon says 13 is max for the 35 grain, but it is also max for the 45 grain. 13 grains in my CZ show absolutely no pressure signs. BTW, I also load the same bullet for a Martini Model 12 in 22 Hornet. Anything over 10.9 grains begins to show pressure signs. The Martini still shoots under 3/4 inch with this load.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cheers PJ

one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW - I load 13.4gr Lil'Gun in my hornet using 35gr v-max with no pressure signs at all. I started at 12.0 gr and worked up to the best accuracy and velocity combo. My primers look the same as with a mild load and I measure the case just ahead of the rim and everything is as afactory round would be. I can get 3-4 reloads before I have to trim also. I do use Winchester brass which is a little thicker though. The extra 4/10ths of a grain works out to be 3%.
That Lil' Gun is some awesome stuff. I also have loaded 55gr v-max's with 13.0 gr Lil' Gun with excellent accuracy and no pressure signs. Go figure beer

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lil Gun and small pistol primers have kept me in the hornet fold.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What twist is your barrel to use the 55gr Vmax? I have heard that the 1-16 twist won't even stabilize the 40 gr Nosler BT. Is that wrong? Anyone out there got a load for the Nosler 40gr BT in a 1-16 twist? Sorry for the simi-hijacked thread. FNMauser

Strike while the iron is hot! Look before you leap!He who hesitates is lost! Slow and steady wins the race! Time waits for no man! A stitch in time saves nine! Make hay while the sun shines! ect. ect.

Posts: 170 | Location: Kentucky U.S.A. " The land that is dark with blood" | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fnmauser:
What twist is your barrel to use the 55gr Vmax? I have heard that the 1-16 twist won't even stabilize the 40 gr Nosler BT. Is that wrong? Anyone out there got a load for the Nosler 40gr BT in a 1-16 twist? Sorry for the simi-hijacked thread. FNMauser

I'm shooting the Handi-Rifle which has a 1:12 twist.

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Shooting and chronographing yesterday made me a believer about the Lil Gun dominance of velocity, and possibly accuracy as well. Shot only about 4 different loads using the Hornady 45 grain bullet loaded to magazine length for my 1949 BRNO. 10.0, 10.25, 10.5 & 10.75 grains with R-P cases and Rem 1 1/2 sm pist pri's. What I do not understand is the 10.25 grain load was faster than the greater charge weights and also the most accurate @ about 2770 ft/sec's. No slouch for that weight bullet. I have reloaded in virgin brass the same load to retest and quite a few others with increasing charges, and lighter bullets. I would have to say that 10.25 grains showed plenty of pressure by visual inspection. Best accuracy of the day was 35 grain V-Max w/13.5 grains of AA 1680 for 8 rounds in .55" @ 100 yards. CCI sm pist mag in those. Testing to continue.

cheers

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my Cooper absolutely thrives on 12.4 gr. Lil Gun
federal 205m primers, 40 gr v-max OAL 1.868" +/- 2700fps
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lil Gun and the 35 gr Hornady have been the best so far in my CZ. Pleasingly accurate and really pops open the pdogs.

Telly

Posts: 163 | Location: Vincennes, IN | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Personally now standardizing the CCI 550 small pistol magnum primer for my Hornet loads with LilGun. I do want to see how a 55 grin would shoot now that the 50's are doing so well.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote