New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 load, 1 bullet, 1 358 Win
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For the last several years ( about five) I have been using this load from Hornady 53.5 gr of 748 and the Remington 200 gr. PSPCL --from 50 yards to 215 it has done very well after shooting three different 358 since 1978 I have finally settled - I have even recovered some bullets too-- My rifle is a Weatherbye Vanguard -- an old one with a 22" barrell I have really shot the stuffing out of this gun but this is what she will shoot likely from now on-- -I so have a second load --it is the 225 Serria also with 748 it is accutally a little more accurate- but the aforementioned load stops and drops the deer faster to me and i guess that is what counts - also have been reforming nickled 30.06 brass and it makes them look good too. [Big Grin] - Those Remington bullets have done well for me -- as have their 200 grain .41s

Posts: 91 | Location: Milan Tenn. | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone I know, self included, who has a 358 winchester loves it, finds it easy to load for, gets great results with it on deer, elk, caribou, black bear, and most else on the continent between 50 and 1000 pounds. Ya think if they'd have called it the 358 Win mag and put a belt on it it might have sold better...naah, remington tried that and it crashed and burned too. I don't get it, what went wrong?

My 358 is an old Browning BLR with a 1.5x4.5 scopechief. It shoots everything from 125 grain pistol bullets to 275 grain custom swaged soft points and several cast bullets very well.

I just don't get it?

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote