New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for you riders
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking of getting back into riding (English). Where can I find used men's riding equipment eg. breeches and boots? Tried Craigslist- when I enter riding boots I get a long list of motor cycle riding boots!
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May want to check E-bay, a friend found a good deal on a saddle and chaps.
Good luck

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could make the trip to Ocala and buy in person. Several good tack stores their.

Posts: 141 | Location: FL to WV | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do they sell used stuff? I really don't want to buy new only to find that I won't be continuing!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mail order Chick's they have alot to choose from. Also Stateline Tack.

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I am thinking of getting back into riding (English). Where can I find used men's riding equipment eg. breeches and boots? Tried Craigslist- when I enter riding boots I get a long list of motor cycle riding boots!
Thanks, Peter.

What type of boots are you calling "riding boots"?
I ride in denium jeans and "western cowboy" boots

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
English riding boots.
Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nobody, but nobody rides English, all by themselves. Big Grin You should be able to find someone who knows the local tack stores and can give you some advice.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
I'm with JWP, cept add a couple Colt .45's!

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughter rides English, I moved from western to Aussie for comfort. We have a lot of stuff from everywhere. I like ebay.

Posts: 15865 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finding used riding gear is easy on ebay IF you are somewhat normal in build -I´m six foot four and weigh about 210lbs so I have a hard time finding used gear.

I was riding in Portugal last fall (Lucitano Morgado -great place, classic riding, teacher Rodrigo Da Masa -look it up) and the tack stores there were great! You can special order most things (handsown) for very nice prices.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote