THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Nat. Championship Chuckwagon Races
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nat. Championship Chuckwagon Races
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Spent last week in Clinton Ar. at the chuckwagon races. It was my 1st time there.
I saw more mules Tue. afternoon than I had seen in my previous 61yrs. I like em!
On Sat. they had almost 4800 horses & mules there & probably 20,000 people or more.
Camping on the edge of the Ozarks was spectacular. Sat. morning we felt 2 tremors from the earthquake in Ok.
I absolutely loved every minute of it & highly recommend anyone that enjoys equine activities to check it out.
If the good Lords willing, I'll be back next year.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun..I reall like a good mule to hunt off of..Ive owned some good ones, but Idaho is short of good mules.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I know some guys that are there every year. Never been but quite the event I hear.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck wagon racing is one horse discipline Ive managed to steer clear off..Why is that? It scares the crap out of me..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Chuck wagon racing is one horse discipline Ive managed to steer clear off..Why is that? It scares the crap out of me..

Damned expensive as well. Wink Ours here inevitably have corporate sponsorship.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They had a wagon flip over & the mules just kept going. There were 2 outhouses across the ditch, the mules lined up on them but only made a glancing blow. We were all laughing & the announcer said he sure hoped no one was in them, about that time both doors came open & 2 scared people emerged.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote