Find
Notify
Tools

Cordura Saddles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted
Anyone use these? I was wondering how durable they are opposed to leather with a rawhide tree.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I have never owned one. Most likely never will.
A guide I know likes them because they are light. He is a big guy and he says it is easier on his horse not having such a heavy saddle. To him the cordura saddles are disposable. He gets one season out of one, then throws it away. Buys a new one every year according to him.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sort of like the fiberglass trees. They are nice until you need it or you are 40 miles from home and then they break.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They go good with pink lace! [Wink]

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Painted Horse
posted Hide Post
They are light weight. good choice for kids.

You need to consider them disposalable. They won't take the abuse of hunting camp as well as a well built leather. But they only cost 1/4 of a factory leather saddle.

I find them uncomfortable.

Posts: 232 | Location: Utah | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If they're 1/4 the price of a good leather one and last one season, while a good saddle will last fifty years or more, I don't think I need one. I guess since I have nine saddles, don't need any more of any kind.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have used them. They are OK, and you get what you pay for! They won't last near as long as a good leather saddle, (don't cost as much either!!), but can tolerate getting wet pretty well. Horses seem to like them because they are pliable, conform well to the horse's shape, and are real light! Had one I used for fox hunting - it lasted about three seasons! Haven't bought another since.

[ 11-16-2003, 19:46: Message edited by: eldeguello ]