THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Hanging up my spurs, my last time on a horse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hanging up my spurs, my last time on a horse
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nobody2
posted Hide Post
Good job, Painted.A happy moment for sure.
Recently had my mom in the saddle & she was proud to get her leg over also.

Posts: 274 | Location: Wa. | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Just got the word from my orthopedic surgeon yesterday. If I continue to work out on my present schedule I will have to have my left knee replaced within the year. If I stop the exercise bike and the evening walks I may get another three years.

Replace that knee before it gets you down so far you can't get back up. I work for a place that makes them.

BTW my grandfather broke his last horse at 63.
There is no sense putting up with a crappy horse. Feed them to a dog and move on.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man don't do that, to do that is looking for a rocking chair..I'm almost 78, I just had a stint and to Angio plasti in my heart, and in Feb. I broke my hand up badly roping steers..today I am back team roping and riding my horse every day and the docs tell me to keep going, and I won a little jackpot roping just the other day..Getting old ain't for sissys, and remember the alternative is a wheel chair with some ugly nurse pushing baby food down your gullet.. tu2

Just get yourself a "broke horse" and live your life to the fullest while you still have time.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote