THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HORSE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Horse    Fiancee is going to learn how to ride, some ???'s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiancee is going to learn how to ride, some ???'s
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey y'all. My fiancee decided that she wants to learn how to ride, western style. I say great! then later I can learn and we can hunt on horseback! :-)

Seriously though, I think I have found an instructor, haven't talked to her yet, but was recommended one that charges $25 an hour. I am going to buy her boots, the Ariat Cobalt Lacer was recommended and I have a local store holding some for me till after work.

My questions are this:
1. what else might she need clothing wise? (gloves, anything else? New black lace teddy?)

2. is there anything she should have tack wise to take with her? like her own bridle or something?

I think it will be good if she ever gets really into it. My friend knows personally two guys who live close to here that are supposed to be some of the best saddlemakers around. One guy is second generation Mexican saddlemaker and they use the silver and such and can make really pretty stuff.

thanks for the input.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
She needs some jeans that are cut to ride in. Try Wrangler (get these and you won't need that teddy) or Rockies also makes some. Be sure she tries them on they will probably fit different than her regular jeans. Don't get them too tight she will be riding in them not dancing. I wouldnt worry too much about tack until you get a horse. You do have the right idea about getting quality gear. The price sounds about right for the lessons. Tell her good luck and remember always ride with a smile.

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
She will need a hot tub and a couple of dozen bottles of Ibuprofin...

Boots are a good idea but there are several very good alternatives from Ariat which are also very comfortable...not something that western boots are noted for..

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote