Find
Notify
Tools

Yeller Boots
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Will
posted
I have no need nor justification for another pair of boots, but I have this fetish Smiler

After a bad experience with Paul Bond boots a couple years ago, I went back. Is that definitive insane?

Anyway, bought a pair of "off-the-shelf" working cowboy boots and they just showed up today. Okay, I'm in love.

Waxed calf (wax impregnated roughout) vamp, 16" yellow tops, a parallel row of pegs, one wood, one brass nails and again on the opposite side. Leather sole. 6 rows of variegated stitching. 2 1/4" leather stacked heel with a patch of shark on the heel counter to lessen wear from spurs. The instep is way too big for me but have added a pair of thick half insoles to make them fit.

Excellent workmanship in every detail.

They are touted as working cowboy boots for the dirt, mud, and cow shit typically encountered but of course with a leather sole, this is kind of an oxymoron. So off to the shoe repair shop to get a thin rubber half sole from toe to heel to protect the stitching and pegs.

But I'm steering clear of steers and their poop to the greatest possible extent. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Valentino says they are "cute". Wink

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I just knew he would! XOXOXO

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Wow, they look good. Remind me of a pair of Olathes I had like that.

I haven't worn cowboy boots in about 10 years, I broke my left foot and now both feet went from a 11.5 to a 14 EEE since then.

I had a pipe dream of wearing Whites, but my feet are too messed up to make that work.

Should be good.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
I was in Fl. last week & kept hoping to see you on one of your mules somewhere along the way.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will look good, with your pants over them. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Finally the boots are in the saddle. I need a director to tell me to sit up straight and suck in my gut! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
What!? No chinks! Turn in your mule rider card.

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Out of style old friend, were back into big square toes these days..I been wearing Anderson Bean, (not the horseshoe brand of Anderson Bean) for work boots, they are lasting me up to 12 years so far with 3 resoles..I like the thick soft rubber crape sole for my resole jobs as they are better for cowboying, cowboys are actually on foot a lot and they are great if I have to walk back to the house. Don't laugh it happens..I have one horse that if he smells bear, you better cowboy up!! strange since he has actually never seen a bear that I know of!! He will go home.

I have a 95% new pair of old world real French Calf (waxed) San Angelo Texas Mercer boots with 10 rows of stitching, Oxblood with green stitching, simi walking heel, 14 " Tops, simi round pointed toe, paid $375 in 1950, wore them to a few weddings, a graduation and several funerals, then outgrew them..Probably the best boot ever made..Id sell them money back guarantee for my money back..Today they would cost 3 times that. they are collectable but very wearable for any occasion..Beautiful..Just sitting in my closet looking for an AR cowboy.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brush_buster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Finally the boots are in the saddle. I need a director to tell me to sit up straight and suck in my gut! Smiler

Will, do have gaited mules?

Posts: 710 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
No gaiters. I just poke along trail riding.

I figger I have no where to go and all day to get there, so no need for gaited mules. Smiler