New
Find
Notify
Tools

A good watch
 Login/Join

Picture of Cockerman77
posted
A few years back I remember watching a program on PBS regarding wild horses in Montana. I really enjoyed the program and learned quite a bit about the natural order of horses. I recently found out there are all 3 episodes available to watch free online. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature...eo-full-episode/260/
I grew up watching PBS as it was one of the five channels we could pull in from the old bunny ears. Hope you all enjoy it even though there are no fancy bred horses on it. Big Grin

The past never changes. You leave it and go to the present, but it is still there, waiting for you to come back. Corey Ford

Posts: 19 | Location: Way south of Heaven | Registered: 16 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am usually alone on this,but I see them as a blight on the land,,,too much deference to them and wild burros,at the cost of huntable critters,,,even problems for stockmen and farmers because of them,,,but reality aside,,,I guess they are pretty on a calender thumbdown

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Shoot the damn things.

The do-gooders are flexible. Or is that hypocrites?

They whine about non-indigenous species but then want to safe the poor horses. Bullshit.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19305 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Shoot the damn things.

The do-gooders are flexible. Or is that hypocrites?

They whine about non-indigenous species but that want to safe the poor horses. Bullshit.

+1

I was trying to find a polite way to say that. But I agree 100%

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw a wild horse advocate testify to Congress that they would rather see them starve than be rounded up.Not only is that extremely cruel but if horses are starving on range land then absolutely nothing is left. Since then I have fought them every chance I get.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote