New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucking Horses
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Have any of you been around the rough stock side of horses or Bulls?

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a little bit. What do you want to know?

Posts: 65 | Location: yarra valley Australia | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am in it quite a bit and was just wondering if there are any other stock contractors out there.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome. How many do you run? Do you breed, or pick up horses from sale yards/doggers? Do you produce your own rodeo's?

Posts: 65 | Location: yarra valley Australia | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I raise my own Bulls and Bronc both. Generations of bloodlines is what I use instead of just getting something from the sale barn and hoping it works. Yes, I do take them to rodeos and the such. It is a lot of fun but hard work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I dabbled in it for awhile, but it didn't work out as it interfered with my regular business. Other than I raised roping steers from time to time and imported correnties back in the day as I had a ranch on the Texas border. We pretty well fleeced that market..

However, I rode Bulls, and bucking horses both Amatuer and Professional and all through high school and College. Like most I had to quite when I got married. Then I calf roped for awhile and after a number of years I finally got into team roping, as my kids and grandkids demanded it of me, and been doing that ever since, still do..I live and breath team roping. The whole family team ropes, that makes it special..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote