THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Is a Leupold VXII enough scope for a .375 H&H?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is a Leupold VXII enough scope for a .375 H&H? Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
.........Some people are disconcerted by seeing most of thier rifle barrel in thier scope,,,some are not......It,s pretty hard to get a better genral purpose big game scope than a Leupold Vx II 2x7 x 33 scope...I,de like to try the leupold dot in one.. The new ones are nicer to sight in than the old ones as they have click w & e adjustments.... I prefer my 1.5-6 x Burris to the 2x7 leu,s I have and have had but the real test will be after a couple / few thousand rounds....

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 340Wby
posted Hide Post
Vx11 2-7x33 all the way.

Posts: 163 | Location: Earth  | Registered: 28 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
I had a Burris Signature 1.5 x 6 with the lighted reticle mounted on this rifle but the cross hairs disconnected a couple weeks ago...I've mounted the 2x7x33 leupold but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet...Maybe this weekend...

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first centerfire rifle was a steyr/manlicher mdle 1956, with a vintage redfield 1.75 - 5x. I really got used to seeing the front sight. Probably the worst kicking 30-06 I have ever shot. I have had really good luck with leupold and swarovski scopes, all the way up to 338 lapua. No problems with either make. Plan on buying a 458 Lott before long and will put on leupold scope.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote