Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375WBY load data Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering why the 375WBY load data was taken down. Curious is all. I know it’s been gone for quiet a few years.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H4350 is the powder to use.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I’ve been loading for it for over 20 years now and H4350 is my go to powder with 300gr bullets. I’m just wondering why the data was scrubbed from this website.

Steve

Posts: 182 | Location: On the Yentna River, Ak. | Registered: 23 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can find data in the Hornady Manual, 10th edition, in the Hodgdon reloading data on their website, and in "African Dangerous Game Cartridges" by Pierre van der Walt. Hope this helps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RL-17 is a good substitute for H4350 - and perhaps even better if you can find it.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"Let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for he issued his command, and they came into being" - King David, Psalm 148 (NLT)

Posts: 847 | Location: Kawartha Lakes, ONT, Canada | Registered: 21 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I’m not looking for load data. That’s not what I’m asking here. I’ve got great loads for my 375WBY.
All I’m asking is why was the data taken down?

Steve

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Because the caliber is too good and the traditonalists don't like it even though it was created in 1944?

Just joking, don't have a clue. But a 350g Woodleigh HD SP at 2550 fps out of my 24" barrel comes close to 416 Rem power.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4731 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck,
The 350’s are great aren’t they. I use the PP version at a shade over 2500. Knocks the life right out of bears. Sure does build your confidence in your rifle.
Well, I’m guessing no one here on Big Bores knows why the data was taken down so I posted the same question on the Reloading forum. Maybe I’ll have better luck over there.

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you try the ADMIN section of the forums/

Hip

Posts: 1829 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote