Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my dies today Login/Join

<Cobalt>
posted
FedEx brought me my 9.3x64 CH dies this afternoon and, even though my rifle is still at the smith's, I just couldn't help not loading up a case. All I have at present are some 270gr Speers, but in loading these I started to get an idea of what old Wilhelm was trying to accomplish at the beginning of the last century. Loading to an OAL of 3.43in, only about a quarter of an inch of the 270 gr bullet was in the case. I get the impression that this case was designed for very heavy for caliber bullets. Using the original 285's or 293's would give considerable usable case capacity. Even the newer 300+ GR bullets should leave plenty of room for powder. These bullets have a tremendous sectional density and, propelled at moderate speeds,seem to have proven themselves very effective on dangerous game. Any thoughts? Cobalt

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Nosler makes two bullets in the .366 diameter. The 286 gr Nosler Partition, with balistic coefficient of .482, and a sectional density of .307. At only 2350 fps, this bullet works up a 35 on the Tayler KO Values scale.

They also make a 250 gr Balistic tip with a BC of .494, and a SD of .267, that generates a 33 on Taylor's scale, at 2579 fps.

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
DUGABOY DESIGNS
Collector/trader of fine double rifles, and African wildlife art

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Woodleigh 310 gr. or the Norma Oryx 286 gr. You need strong bullets for that cartridge as as most bullets are made for the moderater 9,3x62.

Fritz

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote