THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    1008 vincent buffalo thumper

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1008 vincent buffalo thumper Login/Join

<graff>
posted
Hello, everybody. Just found this site today. Avid hunter and shooter, this is my first post. Biggest bore ammo I have shot is a .577 nitro, and my shoulder has a very vivid memmory of it. Biggest I saw, a .600 nitro, biggest I heard is 750 tyranossaur.. Would any of you be kind enougn to tell-me what in the hell IS a 1008 vincent buffalo thumper? Thanks in advance.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Graff.

This thread will give you some answers...

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000664.html

Basically, the cartridge is still "in the works". Saeed has a shooting range in his basement, and a number of people used to come by to shoot a .460 Weatherby he had. Once people started getting used to that level of recoil, Saeed got a .577 Tyrannosaur. Anticipating that the novelty of the .577 might eventually wear off, he had a .700 Nitro built. There are very few takers on that one, but ever striving for improvement Saeed has designed a 1.008 cartridge. As components are in short supply for a 'big-inch', it is still being worked on.

I have a feeling that once it comes to fruition, it will be in 'as new' condition for a long, long time!

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote