New
Find
Notify
Tools

New .404 Dakota Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted
Dakota has introduced its .404 Dakota cartridge. As with the 7mm, .300, .330, .375, and .416, the parent case is the .404 Jeffrey case. The .404 Dak generates 2450fps with a 400gr bullet delivering 5116 ft lb at the muzzle. It fits on their "standard length" action (a big plus). This cartridge is available in their Model 76 and the takedown traveler. Dies and brass supply is no problem.

I still think Dakota is the best engineered action on the market and their guns stand up well against any custom shop product. www.dakotaarms.com

Ray - I know it's not a traditional .404, however, it sure looks potent.

Z

[This message has been edited by Zero Drift (edited 06-22-2001).]

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zero,
I know, they sent me a case and I didn't have the heart to tell them it has no nostalgia and won't shoot as fast as the Jefferys, nor feed and extract as well, damn whippersnappers!! They don't know nothing...

They told me I wouldn't have to trim as often, I told them I had the new RCBS X-Dies, and it got awfully quite, however I lied on that, but I'm gonna get some made.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote