THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    where to sell pre-64 458 super grade

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to sell pre-64 458 super grade Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Asking for suggestions on whom to contact for selling this rifle. My dad bought it new in 1958 or 59. Been in our family ever since. I took my first Cape Buffalo with it. After that, dangerous game has all been my 470 from Champlin.

Looking to use a reputable source for getting a fair price. Guns International? William Larkin Moore? If it's not a double rifle, I really don't have a clue on where to go. Thanks!!

Posts: 731 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For unusual, collectible and higher-end firearms, Guns Intl is the way to go. It's only $18 or so to list the item, and no additional fees when/if it sells. You can renew the listing at no charge ad infinitum. If you need help, shoot me a PM.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Why in the world would you sell it?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i've had good luck at cook winston in boerne... google search them... i'll be at the gunshow in fredericksburg next week 14-15th at the racetrack fairbarn... im easy to find... look for the fat guy in a yellow shirt,,, that'll be me... jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would look at closed sales on Gunbroker, GunsAmerica, Guns International and see what they have sold for. You might try calling some of the larger sellers and see what they would value it at. Cherrys, Steve Barnett Fine Guns, come to mind, but just do a Google search of dealers in fine firearms. Then you decide how much you want to get out of it. Top dollar might take awhile, a lower price than the average one has sold for, will probably move it quicker.
After you decide, you should post it on this site. There are many, many good people on this site that might be looking for one.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. Good ideas and advice, from those who know. Much appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
This involves my brother, who actually has the rifle. Have had a gunsmith go over it, photos made, and ready to post most likely on Guns International. It really has been a fun rifle for our family, bought new. All original except for the recoil pad, and it is in excellent condition. Plus it has a couple of elk, an overgunned whitetail, and a cape buffalo to its credit. Like I said, great memories. My brother and I are just getting a little long in the tooth to hang onto it.

Would be happy to share photos if anyone is interested.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Gunshow in Kerrville weekend of the 16th and 17th...at the 4H Youth Center.... ill be there.. look for the fat guy in the yellow shirt... that's me... Jim..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that is looking for one.

PM me and I can put you two together if you would like.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1056 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
PM sent. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post it up here heck I might buy it