THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    450 Basic brass for Purdey .369

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 Basic brass for Purdey .369 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
AR BB shooters,

Need help locating some 450 "Basic" / Purdey .369 brass. I have the dies, etc, but lack a supply of brass. Noooobody has any in stock on this-here planet - please help.

Thanks and good shooting,

Jeff Wemmer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff:

I dont' now where you can find ready made .369 brass. Are you looking for .450 basic thin rim?

I've never loaded for the .369, so I don't know for sure, but...notes on Kynoch's original factory drawings of the .369 Purdey say ".369 Purdey from .450/.400 3 1/4"". Can't see why that wouldn't be the ideal solution. I would think it would be easier than forming from .450 basic. Huntingtons lists Jamison .400 brass.

.450/.400 3" will also work, but you'll have to turn down the .065" rim from the front. The Purdey shows an .042" rim.

Talk to Huntingtons about the best way to get there. They'll know.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff

PM sent.

I have 450 Basic Brass

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote