THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    A Big Thank You To Our Regulars

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Big Thank You To Our Regulars Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

Someone here came up with an idea. I thought is was great until I found out that I had to do all the work for it, and pay all the expenses too!

Our genius suggested that we "encourage!" - not that any of you need any further enouragements! - our esteemed members by giving them CD Videos of our hunts and comedy shows.

I have already started making these CDs. They are about 44-49 minutes each.

There were several suggestions of who should get these CDs - I think we might end up having 10 or 12 different ones.

The best suggestion was that we "charge" for these CDs in the number of messages posted by each member.

So, 250 posts get you one CD, 500 gets you two and so on, until you get all the collection.

You have seen some of these clips on our web site. The CDs have the full length videos, as there was no constraints for downloading time.

Those of you who wish to start their collection, please send me an email with your mailing address. And please let me have the name under which you have used to register, with the number of messages posted

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
Saeed,

Once again we are the beneficiaries of your generosity. Putting these videos together and making them available wonderful thing.

Therefore, I hesitate to bring up anything negative. But, (there's always a "but"), please consider carefully the idea of dispensing them based on the number of post a member makes.

Keep in mind that almost every post on your board has merit, contains good information, etc., and *that* is what keeps us coming back.

If there is a contest based on the number of post one makes, will we quickly be flooded with meaningless posts just to rack up points? I hope not, but (there's that "but" again)...........

Another thing to keep in mind is that some have much more time to spend in cyberspace than others.

Personally, I would much rather simply sent you a check. Quick, simple and easy.
At the same time, you could pick an arbitrary number (known only to you) and if a member reaches that magic number - like 317 - then he quietly gets a surprise thank you video in the mail.

There is little question your idea will generate more activity on the board. I just hope it will be the kind of activity we have come to appreciate in the past.

Steve

[This message has been edited by holtz (edited 08-05-2001).]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

Only 9 posts to go and I will qualify for a CD!

Great idea!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Antonio>
posted
Saeed:

Unless you are after traffic, I also think that you can indeed promote vacuous or irrelevant posting if you give the CD prices by number of posts...

What about considering the amount of interest generated by posters of new topics, as the number of replies surely indicates a type of voting?

Just some thoughts from someone already panicking at the prospect of probably having to exchange your CDs for a Holland & Holland double in the black market...

Antonio

<csj>
posted
I would think this might create a lot of unwanted post. I would more than be happy to pay the money for the CDs.

Chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
I

Posts: 165 | Location: Adams, NE USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
would

Posts: 165 | Location: Adams, NE USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
agree

one of us
posted Hide Post
with

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chris.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bill,

No cheating my friend!

Yes, the idea is to get those of you who are just watching from teh side line to start sharing your ideas and experiences with us.

I have the proof!

The number of people who have asked for these CDs is absolutely beyond what we expected! And most of them from people who are not even registerd on this forum!?

I am afraid it is not my idea to start selling them, but to offer them as a token of appreciation to those who do visit these forums, and share their thoughts with us.

I have already posted 35 CDs to 24 people.

Those who have asked for them, and not got a reply from me yet, please bare in mind that I am unable to get to my email since the day before yesterday, and have very limited access to the net, because we are having some problems with our connection.

I will answer each one, as I usually do.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could I donate my few posts to Dr. Ken to cheer his recovery?
Ross

Posts: 159 | Location: Oroville,California,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Ross,

Email me Ken's mailing address, I wll be happy to send him the CDs.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Saeed.
I got your CD's by mail, yesterday. I love watching them.
I have great fun in reading the uncertainty in the faces of the "testpilot's", before firing the 577 Tyrannosaur.
And i know that it's all about. I have fired several shoots with a 585 Nyati, that i belive is something similar.

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Spike>
posted
Consider me drawn out of the 'woodworks'...lurker-no-more.

Great idea Saeed, I'm looking forward to contributing my .02 cents.