THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Craig Boddington Number 1 Safari Prices?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Craig Boddington Number 1 Safari Prices? Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
I have three I am thinking about selling. A Lion 375 Ruger, A Buffalo 450-400 and an Elephant 450 NE. All are in the box and have been shot once or twice. Excellent Condition. None have been for sale on the Net for quite a while. Where would you Price them?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
The Kudu (300 H&H) and Buffalo (450/400) are both on Guns International now, and have been for at least a week or so. Alligoods is the dealer. Both are listed at $2,195. Item Nos. are 102197850 and 102197844. Both say they come with the matching box, papers and lock. They also had a 375 Ruger (Lion) that I think was the same price. That seems to be gone. I think the Elephant is the least often seen. It was 450 NE (not 500). There was another dealer with a couple in the series (one was the Lion, don't remember the others), which are no longer there. Maybe that's helpful.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you modified it, the Elephant is 450 3 1/4 Nitro. I have one. They used the medium contour instead of the Tropical.

Posts: 10905 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Yes the Elephant is 450 NE.I know I saw one a couple years ago for sale and it was sold the same day!!! I don't remember what the asking price was but I know it was high. I understand the reason. It was the only time a Ruger#1 was ever offered in this caliber!!!

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought one a few years back. Love it, what a blast to shoot. Hope to never have to part with it. Had a 375, and a 450/400, wish I still had.
Cheers
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 707 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyRumore:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
They used the medium contour instead of the Tropical.

That was just a bad idea. The gun weighs 7.5 pounds and can toss a 500 grain bullet over 2400fps. Even in the hands of a large and determined man, it's a retina detaching machine.

Tony

Posts: 132 | Location: Inola, OK | Registered: 08 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I have another Boddington 450/400 with the Best Wood I have ever seen on one that I shoot. The other three I have never Fired.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Perhaps as a data point, I sold my .416 Rigby, #1 SS Tropical, laminate stock for 1850.00 on GA.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote