THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Need Opionions on Recoil Pads

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Opionions on Recoil Pads Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who makes the best recoil pads for big bores?

Thanks

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am happy with the Pachmyr decelerator SHOTGUN pad, 1" thick. Color black.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
For recoil reduction, the Sorbothane pads are the best I've found.

However, they can get torn up a bit with use. Pachymayr Decellerator pads are more durable and second in recoil reduction.

Hint: for either one, get the pad shaped closely to the stock, then put in the freezer for an hour or more. Both pads are easier to shape when cold. Also, perhaps the rest I get while letting things chill down helps steady my hands and thus improves my workmanship!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
jpb,

Watch out. Last time I said what you just did I got flamed big time!

------------------
Say what you mean, and mean what you say.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Mike The Sorbothane pads are the best for recoil but a bit tough to trim unless you freeze them first. I've found that they tend to collapse if the gun is rested in an butt down position in the gun reck.

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 11-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 11-29-2001).]

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MLindsay:
Hi MLindsay,
The Pachmayer triple X magnum is the best pad that I've found for big bores. If the Kick Eze pad is sorbothane then the triple X magnum reduces felt recoil far better. It distributes the felt recoil as well as slows down the recoil velocity which really softens the ride. 470 Mbogo

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Norbert>
posted
I use Pachmayr Triple X Magnum for years with best results. My .458 Lott is handled like a 30-06.

<Daryl Elder>
posted
Pachmayr Decelerators are great. Have them on almost all my toys.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Many have said before me, Pachmayr Decelerators on everything!!

Have fun!!

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote