Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Scope and Mounts? Login/Join

<Terry P>
posted
I am trying to scope my old Winchester and I am thinking about the 1.5 X 6 Kahles. I have a set of Redfield mounts and I want to put a Plinkington lever on it but I can't remember where I saw one.
Has anyone seen these lately? Any other ideas?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Be sure you know what your getting with the european scope. Look through one at low power first. The tunnel vision you get with european style power adjustments with the crosshairs in the opposite focal plane makes then quite unusual. If your interested in a 1.5-6 Swarovski PH model which was completely rebuilt by Swarovski two years ago and has all new glass and tubes let me know. I don't prefer their cross hair arrangment. I much prefer the American style of crosshair or power adjustment. This Swaro scope is like new and works wonderful. I just prefer the conventional scopes much more. This scope is on my model 70 375HH

I have been using Warne rings on all my rifles and think they are fine. I like the QD feature and the re-zero is always perfect. The Above scope is mounted in silver 30mm Warne rings if your interested in them as well, all you would need is bases for your rifle. jj

------------------
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Rural Wa. St. & Ellisras RSA | Registered: 06 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
Terry,
The Pilkington levers used to be listed in Brownell's catalog I thought, but there is a gunsmith friend of mine that recently told me that they are no more. He used to do alot of the Pilkington lever restyles. Email me if you want his address, I have it around somewhere.

Jeff Pfeifer

one of us
posted Hide Post
As a suggestion, smart money goes to the Leupold 1.5x5 and Talley QD rings and bases for several reasons, eye relief being foremost, warranty service being second and on and on.....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41875 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Terry P>
posted
Thanks for the input. I may reconsider the 1X5 Leupold. I do like the eye relief on it. I have one on my 416. However I was wanting something that would gather a little more light for late day or early morning hunting.
JJHack, if you will e-mail me and tell me what you want for that scope I will consider it. Do you know what the eye releif on it is and do you have any trouble with the eye releif?
Jeff, if you have that gunsmiths address I would like to have it. We will be shooting 375's and 470's this weekend. I'll let you know how the Merkel works out.
Good shooting,
Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray...a modest thought just jumped into my head. Do you think the reason Leupold has such good customer service and people are always bragging about how Leupold fixed their scope is that their product needs a lot of service and repair? And isn't it strange you never hear anything good or bad about Swarovski warranty service. Maybe it's because Swarovski owners put the scope on their rifles and don't have any problems...kind of like the Maytag repairman. And before the rest of you start to warm up the hot pokers, I used Leupold for years on many rifles until I got several bad ones in a row and got tired of sending them back for correction (one took several trips and never got right).

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote