THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Here's my recently acquired 9.3x62 Husqvarna model 246

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's my recently acquired 9.3x62 Husqvarna model 246 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted
Here's my recently acquired 9.3x62 Husqvarna model 246. I was looking for a few used brass cases and some kind forum members helped me out. I have several double rifles in 9.3 caliber, but don't have a bolt action. I don't have it in hand yet, but look forward to shooting this rare beauty.

As always your comments are welcome ......

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Very nice find.

Husqvarna’s are probably one of the least appreciated brands with American shooters. They may be relatively plain but I always loved the way they handled and shot.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at this one almost daily. Price seemed great but my fun money fund was low. Hope it’s great!

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 21 April 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
Best looking wood I’ve seen in a Husky. Congrats Buck!

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildcatter:
Best looking wood I’ve seen in a Husky. Congrats Buck!

RC
I'm anxious to see if the wood looks as good in person, as it does in Morris's pictures. He takes great pictures that really shows off the figure.

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your Husqvarna!
The model 246 was only made in 227 samples between 1937-1941. All model 246 was made in caliber 9,3x62 and had their finest barrel steel "Nickel-Steel". It also had special selected Walnut wood stock.

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

thanks for the reply.

I got the rifle in hand and its even better than I expected .... Wonderful wood and metal.

I just weighed it - 7 pounds 13 ounces empty, and 8 pounds 2 ounces loaded. LOP is 14-1/4".

The Lyman 35 site that attaches to the bolt release box was a big add-on. I have seen that site sell for over $250 on eBay. I'll be shooting it soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I saw that sight sell for $700 at a Texas gun show last year!! I have one one on a JP Sauer and Sons 30-06. It works off the bolt release correct? mine does

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I think I saw that sight sell for $700 at a Texas gun show last year!! I have one one on a JP Sauer and Sons 30-06. It works off the bolt release correct? mine does
Wow ..... I also have a 7x57 DWM Commercial with the same sight. I just added a post about this interesting rifle in Medium Bores.