Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Basic Magnum Brass Login/Join

one of us
posted
I thought I would advise everyone of a new item I found on Midway. They are now handling Hornady Basic Magnum Brass. This is the H&H belted brass straight. If you form your brass using basic this sounds like a good deal. They sell it at under $45 retail for 100. It looks good for the 458 Lott, 416 Taylor, 470 Capstick, etc loaders. This is a greatly reduced price to compared to Bell at $1+ each etc.

Good Hunting
Steve

------------------
Every man dies, but not every man really lives!!

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I bought some to use with my .470 Capstick.
It's beautiful brass, and uniform in weight.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George,
I bought some for my 458 Lott. I have the headstamped Bell for Africa but when it comes to practice it is excellent brass. At the price I couldn't turn it down.

Good Hunting
Steve

------------------

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Anybody know who made it?

How long is it?

Don

[This message has been edited by Don G (edited 07-28-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know who made it for Hornady but it measures 2.865" on an average.

Good Hunting
Steve

------------------

posted Hide Post
Scuttlebutt has it that Winchester makes the brass for Hornady's ammo line; the low price would indicate the manufacturer is American in any case.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Don G>
posted
Santala and George,

Thanks for the info. If I ever revive the 458 Lott project, I will be very interested.

Don