THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Synthetic stocks for Win M70 - What can take heavy recoil?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Synthetic stocks for Win M70 - What can take heavy recoil? Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any suggestions on synthetic stocks for the Win M70 that will take heavy recoil?

Links?

Thanks!

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains. I have a Winchester mod. 70 in .338 Win. Mag. and a .375x338 Mag wildcat that are in Ramline stocks. So far, they seem to be holding up well. I just had the .338 out of the stock a while ago to put on a better recoil pad, and the recoil lug area looked like it was just fine.
Ramlines are not the prettiest of the synthetics, but they are hell for stout.
McMillan's are good, but neither of mine are in hard kicking rifles. (30-06 and .358 Win.)
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with a McMillan!

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
FWIW - MPI mentions on their website that their "Super Magnum" stock is (was?) the only synthetic that withstood Alphin's 500 A-Square. Don't know "when" that was and suspect there are new candidates on the scene these days.

<HBH>
posted

McMillan's with the Magnum fill. Bedded in Steel bed or Marine Tex.

HBH

one of us
posted Hide Post
The best of the lot is Rimrock, the old Pacific Research stock, and it has design out the yahoo.....also the most expensive, but thats life....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote