THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Roger and other .620 rimless fans

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roger and other .620 rimless fans Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone made progress on a .620 rimless?

I am a bit afraid to go this route alone and was hoping to tag along behind a braver soul who breaks ground with a .620 rimless cartridge.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains,

I have just calculated that with the effort required to make a 620 rifle, plus the effort to get cases, dies etc. that the total effect of all that plus firing only one shot will be approximately equal to the recoil from firing 10,000 375s

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
After my initial and foolhardy excitement I began to consider where I would put the necessary equipment to turn and swage the 50BMG brass to correct size. Not to mention scrabbling to the approximately $3-4,000 the rifle would cost, assuming nothing went wrong. Frank Wells gave me a quote not including woodwork of $3,500 complete. Add however much you want for a decent piece of wood and you get an idea.

P.S. I am in a physics class and I have found my professors pet interest is ballistics. I am going to be doing some interesting stuff this semester.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote