THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    .510", 300 & 450gr Barnes Originals in an A-Square or BMG?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.510", 300 & 450gr Barnes Originals in an A-Square or BMG? Login/Join

<BMG>
posted
I was looking through my Barnes catalog and found a listing for the 50/110 round. They have a .510" bullet in the 300gr & 450gr. Would these work in an A-Square (JAB, Peacekeeper, ect.) and/or a BMG? Would they shread the jacket from the lead or something of that nature? Just curious ;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the twist twist won't be right for such a short bullet and accuracy will suffer. But I would not expect the bullet to shred in the barrel or in the air. Expect superior varmint bullet performance using those slugs on game.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<R. A. Berry>
posted
BMG,
Low velocity squib loads might be nice to try, but I have no experience with the pistol powders and filler in the 50 cal Might handle squirrels to elephants with the same gun if this could be worked out. That would be cool.

------------------
Good huntin' and shootin',
RAB

<BMG>
posted
Dr. Berry,

You are one of the few people to say a 300gr bullet is a 'squirrel' load and have me believe it. When KJ gets my .510 built, I'm going to experement with everything from 300gr Barnes-O's to 813gr Spotter/Tracer de-milled, new toys are fun. Have a good one...