Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes Kynoch brass? Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who makes the brass for Kynoch ammunition? I ran across some once fired brass that has the Kynoch headstamp, but they don't make their own brass, do they? I saw in Huntington's catalog that one caliber of Kynoch brass is made by Norma, but I don't know about the other less common calibers.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken,

I don't know for certain if Kynoch makes their own brass or if they have it made by another company. I did find the following on their web site. I added the bold highlights.

-Bob F.

Kynamco has established its sporting ammunition credentials over the last ten years by re-developing many of the well-known British proprietary big game cartridges for modern components, and manufacturing special runs of these cartridges from all new components for the British Trade for sale under their own house brands. Extensive development has covered both the established ranges dating back to the turn of the century and manufacture of new developments such as the new Holland & Holland .700� NE and Rigby .450� Rimless NE cartridges. All new tooling has been produced to draw cases from military specification brass stock to the original KYNOCH drawings and dimensions, but with modern Boxer primers.

http://www.kynochammunition.co.uk/

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kynoch does not make brass. They buy it from a brass maker. I tried to get them to tell me that their brass is not Bertram, but they would not say. They would not say who makes it, but they also would not deny that it is Bertram. Draw your own conclusions.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains,

This is exactly what had from them as well although that was some time ago.

How depressing if it is true.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
I have 150 cases of .500 Jeffery from Kynoch and the brass is not of the same quality as Herneber. I do not like it. I have had sticky extraction with Kynoch/Kynamco factory ammo I will However try to reload some of it just to se.

My advise stay away and get Horneber brass

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I hate to say this, but Mast Technology, who made BeLL brass has sold their brass making machines to a fellow named Jameison. He is using the machines to make other brass and has some Nitro Express brass, but no 450/400.
The brass market on good brass is about to become very tight. I'll horde my 200 rounds.

The BeLL was great!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Rusty

If you run out, God forbid then give Dieter a call/e-mail.
He has 450/400 3" & 3 1/4"

http://www.huelsen-horneber.de/frame_engl.html

Cheers,

Andr�

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last gunshow I went to here in Australia (ealier this year) I was speaking to Bruce Bertram about his new bullets when he showed me some 450/577 brass that he had made with Kynoch headstamp not a little roo in sight.

If I go to the gunshow this month and he is there i will ask him how many in the Kynoch range he makes.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote