Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 550 question Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I purchased a cz550 in 458wm with fancy grade straight stock and it has "Safari Classics" written on the left hand side of the action. Is this different to the cz550 straight stock safari rifle?

I got it from an accidental shipment to Australia. I want to see if i got a bargain as I paid au$1700 (i think that's about us$1350) for it.

It's an excellent rifle, i ended up getting it converted to 458lott, had it bedded,muzzle braked and a crossbolt put in it. Having never shot anything bigger than my 300rum i took this beauty out to the range not knowing what to expect. My girl came along with video camera in case something funny happened when i shot it for the first time.
To my surprise it's a pussy cat to shoot, recoil was insignificant. After 20 full power loads in about 30min no sore shoulder which was quite surprising. My 300rum which weights about 20lbs recoils more. One thing though after shooting it I'm addicted and I couldn't stop smiling all day, it will be great on my buff hunt this year.

Posts: 37 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
joughin Welcome to the world of big bore .............I,m not in the league of Rob or Ed ,safari kid or big doggy .ect,, ect,,,ect,,,. but it is something to aspire to .. Isn,t the crash and roar of a big bore fun .. I think Jack Lott described it as delightful ....gumboot ..

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've just locked into a CZ550 "American" in 416Rigby for $1495. ... due in late March/April. Wont fire a single shot from mine ... as its destined for a 500ASquare cigar
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote