THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Mitch's 577 Tyrannosaur: Chapter Three

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mitch's 577 Tyrannosaur: Chapter Three Login/Join

<R. A. Berry>
posted
My third session with Dr. Mitch administering shock therapy to my gourd via the kick and blast of the T.rex was quite invigorating. I feel fully treated, though maintenace therapy might be required periodically to keep my mood elevated.

I fired two fouling shots then seven 3-shot groups as Mitch coached me on how to grip the T.rex.

Actually every one of those seven groups (six different loads) had two bullet holes overlapping and the third pulled.

I will tell the size of four of those seven groups, 3 shots at 100 yards indoors, center to center:
0.472" 900 gr. Woodleigh
0.591" 750 gr. Woodleigh
0.709" 900 gr. Woodleigh
0.748" 900 gr. Woodleigh

The brass was a new batch of Horneber-made German excellence.

Thanks, again Mitch.

------------------
Good huntin' and shootin',
RAB

<Mitch>
posted
Ron, It was my pleasure, you are a gentleman and a great shooter. Hopefully you will pay us another visit in the near future. I would like to see you put that third shot into one hole like you did with the first two shots.

Gentlemen, RAB is a great big bore shooter. I watched him put the first two shots into one hole three times in a row with three different groups, with the third shot just missing going into the same hole as the first two shots. This was with a pretty stiff
load(a 900 gr. bullet at 2000+ fps)truely an amazing display of shooting skill with a heavy recoiling rifle.

[This message has been edited by Mitch (edited 07-02-2001).]

<R. A. Berry>
posted
Aw shucks, Mitch! Anyone could do it with you coaching him on such a masterpiece as the T.rex rifle that you own and load for.

BTW, I finally talked Mitch out of a dummy cartridge. What a nice guy, humoring a nut like me.

------------------
Good huntin' and shootin',
RAB

one of us
posted Hide Post
I went to the SHOT SHOW in Vegas back in '98. The only 2 things I left Vegas with besides my shirt (luckily) were a .577 T-Rex dummy round and the A- Square Manual. I told my wife at one time that when I opened my shop (gunsmithing) I would hang one on the wall as a conversation piece and to quiet the loud mouths that are attracted to gun shops. Loved that big a** barrel and the way Terry Weiland said " If you fire it from a prone position, call your Orthopedic Surgeon"
Though after seeing the videos here I don't know if I have the guts to pull the trigger. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote