Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Hunting Rifles.. Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
KB...to tell you the trugh I honestly try and stay out of these types of discussions, but I can no longer hold back. It seems your main gripe is that Ed decided to call his company American Hunting Rifles and since he makes calibers YOU deem unnecessary for North American game, than he is wrong to call his company that.........
So let me ask you one question..Suppose a man name Joe British opened up an auto parts store..and called it...let's see...I know, British Auto Parts...I gather from your way of thinking that he should only supply parts for British manufactured autos.......never mind, I see the way you think...I'm sorry. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what he said, only in shorter terms. Let it the fuck go!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
Too bad there is a company with the name of American Hunting Rifles mixed in with this discussion, because it just distracts from my point. Perhaps some of you choose to allow it to distract. It is my understanding that the company also makes quality rifles in calibers other than the monsters .60 and .70 cal. It seems to me that if they can make a 600OK that holds together, then making the more useful and reaonable calibers should be no problem at all.

I'm sure it is a fine company, and the people there are good too. So, my comments are in no way intended to imply bad things about people who are trying to make an honest living. They seem to be just making what the customer wants, and apparantly doing a good job of it, based on the comments of those who have actual experience with them.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
If kb ever read the book ,,how to make friends and influence people ,, you would never know it......I don,t know why he even is on this forum .. I guess its his new batch of people to piss off and iritate ..............I really appreciate everyones ,other than his replys ,.... thank you ...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don,t know why he even is on this forum

I agree! He has cluttered your trend with nonsense and distracted everyone from your original question.

Now, back to your question, thumb
I have an AHR 600 OK I purchased from a member on AR and am very pleased with the quality of workmanship. Yes, it has a muzzle brake but I have recently removed it and ordered a thread protector. The X brake is very effective for what it was designed for but I think the rifle looks and handles better without it installed. I have also had a couple of conversations with the owner of AHR and he was always eager to answer my questions.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote