Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 a-frames Login/Join

<mvick>
posted
Remington has just made available .375 ultramag rounds loaded with 300 grain A-frame spire point bullets. Can anyone tell me what the ballistic coefficient of this guy is? Any thoughts on performance of this bullet at the high velocities of this round? (probably somewhere north of 2800 fps)
Thanks,
Marty.

[This message has been edited by mvick (edited 04-19-2001).]

one of us
posted Hide Post

According to Swifts literature the BC for the 300 gr a-Frame is .325.
I have used the Swift A-Frame in my 375 P.O. Ackley and had it at speeds just over 2750 fps. This bullet should have no problems at the 2800 fps quoted on the 375 Ultra Mag.
Steve

Posts: 439 | Location: Kansas by way of Colorado and Montana | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Swifts a great bullet, but I personally wouldn't want to drive any bullet over 2500 FPS, on Buffalo or elephant...I just feel that sooner or later any bullet will do something funny at that speed, I'm still of the old school on that..

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41875 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swift A-Frames are great bullets and I think you will have great success with them. They seem to do everything well except save you money. I have used the 270 and 300 gr bullets in a 375 H&H at 2750 and 2500 respectively. good luck. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote