Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A-Square contact info? Login/Join

one of us
posted
HI, I need contact info for A-Square. I'd like to buy some brass, but the website contact info shows the phone to be disconnected. Anyone have current info for them?

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.heritagearms.net is a stocking A2 dealer and can get you what you need. 801 562 2486

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway stocks some A-Square Brass as well as loaded ammo

Les

Posts: 73 | Location: LaPorte,Texas | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe A-Square is out of business and I also believe that is a good thing!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I believe A-Square is out of business and I also believe that is a good thing!

Where did you hear this? What does this mean in terms of production of A-Square brass?

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were set up at the Shot Show last week, still pushing guns made on Enfield actions

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RE: A2 my understanding is that art arfonse ( spelling) does not own a2 and hasn't for several years. the new owners moved it from where art had it , but sorry, i can't remember to where- ky or indiana ??

he retains the selling rights for his book- any shot you want. and goes to the shows with the new owners.

some think his cals are the best thing since sliced bread.

others do not,

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Art Alphin.

Never had any dealings with him but he does publish an interesting book.

What I'd really love to know is why A-Square has an inexhaustable supply of Enfields that the rest of us can't seem to tap into?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

When I got my brass for my Hoffman they were in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

That was probably 2.5 yrs ago. They were the new owners not Alphin.

Posts: 1307 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the guysat Heritage Arms. Thanks, Dan, but they'll only get the brass if I order 150 rounds. I certainly don't need that many at $3 each.

I can't find any contact info other than the website in Tennessee; that's the place I called and their phone is disconnected. Midway shows the brass available with a 30 day order time. Doesn't look good, does it?

Of course, I can use .416 Rem brass, but really want properly headstamped brass for trips and such.

If anyone sees them in Reno, please ask about this brass for me and get some contact info.

470 Evans, Jim?? If not, please PM me. I'd like to chat.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
You try emailing them? I sent one a little while back with some questions and got a response.

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tex21:
Art Alphin.

What I'd really love to know is why A-Square has an inexhaustable supply of Enfields that the rest of us can't seem to tap into?

Good question! How can someone find out?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Art has taken back control of the company from the interim owner that allegedly did some nefarious deeds. Art is currently looking around a few more "gun friendly" states to transplant his business to. He was through WY a few weeks back and was probably on to a few others in the rocky mountain region. There was conversations between local representatives and Mr. Alpin about shipping ammunition so that seems to still be high on the list. It will probably take a few months to get relocated in his new stomping grounds and get fully open for business again.

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey postdriver what brass are you after. I am going to Buffalo Arms next week after some Capstick brass and can check for you.
buffaloarms website

Posts: 496 | Location: ME | Registered: 08 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tex21:
Art Alphin.

I remember a few years ago there were $30 P-14 junker rifles with intact actions available. I'm sure A Square would easily have been able to pick up enough to last them for the next 50 years. I doubt they sell all that many rifles. As an Enfield fan myself I bought some but finally decided it is best to add some class to my guns by using commercial Remington 30's. There are plenty around in not-too-mint shape that they can't be used for the actions. While personally I think Art comes off as an ass, he is sharp on gun science and had some good ideas with his rifles. They just needed a little tweeking to perfect to my liking. He's got a good book and many PH's from Zim think the world of him.

Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote