Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reamer needed (10.75x68) Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a bit of headspace in this old gun and I abhor fire forming my cases to the 10.75x68 plus....

I need to take a turn on the barrel and re-chamber, if I can rent a reamer or find someone who has a reamer and wants the job.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Atkinson,
I personally do not have a chamber reamer for this caliber, but you may want to give 4-D products a look. They rent, among other tools, chamber reamers. You can reach them at 912 264 5141. Or their website,

www.4-dproducts.com.

I have not used their services, so unfortunately I cannot speak to the quality of products and services offered.

David Schnabel

------------------

Posts: 1239 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Ray,

I just sent you and e-mail with this information but I thought that I should post it for the benefit of all.

I just got off the phone with Elliott Tool Co. They have the 10.75 x 68 reamer for rent that Ray and I both want to use. Neither of us wanted to put out $200.00 approximately to buy one but neither of the other two reamer renters had one. I was checking on some things with Dave Kiff @ Pacific Tool & Gauge so I mentioned this to him. Instead of selling me a new reamer, he went to his files and got the number for Elliott. He's a good man! Elliott is an older established company that has relocated and is in business to rent reamers. I will post the other information when I receive it.
Phone #866-711-8323

Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
now I get to size all my fireformed brass back to specs, oh goody

Seriously, thanks Bill your a life savior.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Ray,

As much as I would like to take the credit, I cannot. Dave Kiff came up with the phone number and all I did was make the call. I will pass on the "thank you" to him the next time I talk with him.

In the mean time, I am waiting for the rest of the e-mail information which I will pass along as soon as I receive it.

Bill