THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    375HH 235grains / 250grains precission

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375HH 235grains / 250grains precission Login/Join

<MB>
posted
I have tried to use 235 grains bullets,but I am not satisfied with the precision,are there anyone who have the same experience or some good advice? What about the 250 grains?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MB,

I would say that the 300 grain bullet is the one most likely to give the best and most consistent accuracy with the 375 over a wide range of powders, especially the 300 Hornady round nose and the 300 grain Sierra.

The 235 Speer can be accurate but also inconsistent and far more likely to throw shots from either cold clean barrels or barrels with cold hard fouling.

The load that I have found to be the most accurate across a large number of accurate 375s has been around 78 grains of Win 760 and the 300 Hornady Round Nose.

The powder that seems to give the highest velocity in combination with good accuracy across a wide range of bullets is Reloader 15. That would be the powder I would first choose for the 250 grain bullet.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had excellent accuracy with a 250 grain Sierra and all of the 4350 you can comfortably stuff into the case. I've also used H-414 with this bullet for similar accuracy and velocity, but I don't have the charge weight I used with this powder handy, although as I recall, it was pretty much a full case also.

I've just gotten hold of some VV 160. Looking at its relative burning rate, it also should have potential in the 375 H & H.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
MB,

I have very good results with the 250 grain Swift A-frame and 250 grain Sierra with 72.0 grains of IMR 4064 and CCI 250 primers in Winchester brass. This works in all my 375 H&H rifles, but work up from below in your rifle to be safe.

Good shooting,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not try the 260gr Nosler Partition.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A bunch of the locals shoot the 250 Sierra on elk, they show up at the coffee shop every year with all these perfect little mushrooms....

I'm convinced they work perfectly, that said I am still a 300 gr. believer..I don't like collecting bullets, that means they didn't make two holes and I like two holes.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41950 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<MB>
posted
Thanks for all the info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MB,
E-mail me and I will send you some comparative data on a variety of bullets.

------------------
Gerard Schultz
GS Custom Bullets