THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    When you stop laughing . . .

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you stop laughing . . . Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
. . . can anyone give me a suggestion regarding where to get a hold of some .375 Ruger ammunition. I suspect that is like finding a needle in a haystack at this point.

Mike

Posts: 21282 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe RIP has about ten-thousand rounds stashed at his compound in Kentucky; cleverly hidden in boxes marked "toothpaste" to fool the locals.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A slight exaggeration.
www.whittakerguns.com gets it 100 boxes at a time.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Turns out that you can order it directly from Hornady. Should have two boxes on Friday.

Mike

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
What is a box of .375 Ruger retailing for?

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
okay Mike, fess up! What are you going to do with that ammunition?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
About $60/box from Hornady, plus shipping.

Why run it through a M77 Hawkeye African, what else?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That 470 has kicked him silly and he needs to shoot a BB gun for a while to get rid of the flinch Big Grin

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$47.50/box and $49.95/box, or $47.95 and $49.50, whatever less than fifty bucks per box of 20, for the 270 and 300 grain soft points at www.whittakerguns.com

That reminds of the origins of the term "buck" as refers to the US Dollar.

Deer skins were used as common currency, and many other things.

In the 1700's from Virginia to Kentucky and beyond, the Long Hunters would go on hunting forays for months (occasionally years), and collected the deer skins to use as currency when they got back home.

A buck deer's skin was worth one dollar, a buck, back then when the inflation rate was about zero, back when a dollar was a lot of money.

What's in your wallet? Wink

<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
Stay tuned guys. He'll be wanting to sell it in about 6-9 months. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Accuracy Arms in Royse City, Tex. Kim will sell it for under $50 for either size bullets. 972-771-8977.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
PM me if you're interested in some a bit closer to home. My local gun shop here in Victoria has it in inventory. Ammo but no guns yet!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kim at Accuracy Arms has a rifle in stock.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I believe RIP has about ten-thousand rounds stashed at his compound in Kentucky; cleverly hidden in boxes marked "toothpaste" to fool the locals.

Rich
DRSS

Toothpaste was invented in Kentucky.

If it was invented anyplace else it would be called "Teethpaste"

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's Cold...Fjold!!

Ahhhh, my first bit of prose for 2007. Look out world, I'm getting on a roll!

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Put on your best Kentucky accent when you say this.
Momma??? what's a toothbrush? Big Grin

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Q: What do you have if you get 32 Kentuckians in the same room?

A: A full set of teeth.

Actually heard that one about Yupik natives while I was in Alaska. Just thought I would switch it to keep to the current theme.

Gotta admit there are a lot of Kentuckians with bad teeth, and a lot of folks who don't like to acknowledge Kentucky origins.

Johnny Depp does not like to publicize his Kentucky roots. My wife used to play with him and his sister when they were babies, nextdoor neighbors.

Chuck Woolery: It get's even stranger than "The Love Connection."

Timan:

What is the length of the box on your Magnum Mauser action for the .395 Tatanka? thumb

Also,
There is another AR member PM-ing me to ask if I will mail to you some brass for the .375 Ruger, for you to use as dummies for his rifle.
I will not mail an unsolicited package on the request of a third party of whom I have no knowledge except that he says he is a customer of yours. Do you need .375 Ruger dummies from me, as he says?

one of us
posted Hide Post
IRP!
animal

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two boxes which I bought "because I could". (Being an idiot is a big problem for me). Anyway, with a new house under construction, a daughter's wedding in two months, my oldest getting ready to leave for grad school at Vanderbuilt, and retirement for me and the wife both looming, I realized this project may be a while getting off the ground. If someone needs some, I will sell it for $100 delivered in the lower 48. If no one wants it, I will add it to the "reserve" ammunition shelf.

By the way, we have a name for Kentucky jokes in Kentucky. We call them "West Virginia jokes". Conversion is simple. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, they have no outlet and are stuck with them.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Art S.,
The West Virginia-Kentucky border does seem to be the River Styx of Hillbilly Heroin Hell.
Druggies like to doctor shop back and forth across the border.
Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Naow fer da hite of stoopidity, here am a Koloeradian whut's gettin a wildcat .395 bilt up on a kase dat ain't efen avaleable, exsept if'n ya shuut up hard ta fine kartriges fer new guns.
I need some for future .395 Ruger!
CRYBABY

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
prof242,
I've already got about $2500 into this for startup on the barrels and the reamers.

Finding .375 Ruger ammo is easy. Buy some and pull the bullets. Neck up to .395, measure the neck O.D. and talk to Dave Manson about the reamer.

Made Men don't cry. Wink

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Whew, you went into it whole hog. I guess, though, with three cartridges, it would cost that much.
I'm figuring the $250 for barrel, gunsmithing of about another $250, about $175 for reamer, and dies the same. Or about $850 plus the stock and action. Sound about right? Already had figured on pulling the .375 Ruger rounds down. The bullets I'll shoot up in my .375 H&H.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Non FFL prices for barrels: $280 for a stainless barrel and $180 for a 4140 barrel from McGowen.
You got it pegged otherwise. Harry didn't give you an FFL discount did he?
This is a happenin' thang. You know as much about it as I do now.

History being made, by prof242: the world's first .395 Ruger.
clap clap clap clap